Saturday, October 8, 2011

Welcome to Owner's PMIS Blog

As per the statement above, I am trying to reach out to my peers that oversee CIP for their institutions or company through the use of this blog.  In the past three years, we implemented a PMIS (e-Builder) at UTSW which we host and mandate to be used on all our capital projects.  The PMIS has made a huge difference in our ability to track all the issues, centralize all the information, reduce risk and improve collaboration.  I am hoping this blog can be used as a means for sharing how we are using our PMIS to manage our projects and  learn from each other.  Also, I hope we can make Owner's PMIS a standard practice in with all Owners that oversee construction projects. 

One of the challenges/frustration I had when we implemented our own PMIS, is not being able to reach out to other owners that have already implemented their own PMIS for guidance and felt like I was starting from scratch.  I would like my peers not to feel the same frustration and hopefully we can collaborate and learn from each other as our ability to manage projects improves with the ongoing improvements with our use of PMIS.  In the next couple of days as I learn how to use all the blog features, I will upload documents and share this blog with a network of CIP department who I know.  I hope to connect with all the current e-Builder users and anyone that is looking to pursue their own PMIS.  Not sure how to get it done yet since I am new at blogging but would hope we can share examples and share improvements that we have made to the PMIS that could help everyone improve their own PMIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment